Watching cards, lists, and boards
We're going through some changes! Trello Teams are now Workspaces. Soon, all boards will be in a Workspace. You might see us mention Teams in a few places as we're going through these changes. Thanks for your patience!
Watching allows you to be notified when another user makes a change to a card, list, or board in Trello.
When watching a card, you’ll get notifications for…
- All comments
- Adding, changing, and upcoming due dates
- Card moves and archives
When watching a list or board…
- You’ll get the same notifications listed above, but for all cards in a list or board.
- You’ll also get notifications for all newly created cards
And at any time, you’ll get notifications when…
- You are mentioned in a comment.
- You are added to a card, board, or team.
- You are mentioned in a checklist item.
- One of your boards is closed.
- When someone makes you an admin of a board or team.
Watching a card
Click the "Watch" button when the card is open. If you are added as a member of a card, you will automatically be watching that card.
Watching a list
At the top of a list, click on the three dots to open the drop-down menu and choose "Watch." This will notify you of changes to all cards in that list.
Watching a board
From the board Menu, choose "More" then select "Watch." This will notify you of changes to all cards in that board.
Am I watching?
You can easily tell if you're watching a board, list, or card by looking for an "eye" icon.
For a board it will be to the left of the menu in the sidebar,
for a list it will be next to the list's name,
and for a card it will be below the card's title, or under the Actions section.