Watching cards, lists, and boards
Watching allows you to be notified when another user makes a change to a card, list or board in Trello.
When watching a card, you’ll get notifications for…
- All comments
- Adding, changing, and upcoming due dates
- Card moves and archives
When watching a list or board…
- You’ll get the same notifications listed above, but for all cards in a list or board.
- You’ll also get notifications for all newly created cards
And at any time, you’ll get notifications when…
- You are mentioned in a comment.
- You are added to a card, board, or team.
- You are mentioned in a checklist item.
- One of your boards is closed.
- When someone makes you an admin of a board or team.
Watching a card
Click the "Watch" button when the card is open. If you are added as a member of a card, you will automatically be watching that card.
Watching a list
At the top of a list, click on the three dots to open the drop-down menu and choose "Watch." This will notify you of changes to all cards in that list.
Watching a board
From the board Menu, choose "More" then select "Watch." This will notify you of changes to all cards in that board.
Start or stop watching from within notifications
You can also start or stop watching cards, lists or boards directly from within the notifications panel. Just click on the "..." icon beneath the read/unread dot on the left. There, set or remove the checkmark to watch a specific board, list or card.
Am I watching?
You can easily tell if you're watching a board, list, or card by looking for an "eye" icon. For a board it will be to the left of the menu in the sidebar, for a list it will be next to the list's name, and for a card it will be below the card's title.