We're going through some changes! Trello Teams are now Workspaces. Soon, all boards will be in a Workspace. You might see us mention Teams in a few places as we're going through these changes. Thanks for your patience!
👋 Check out our article on board guests to learn more about guest permissions and free single-board guests!
Multi-board guests are users that are not a member of the Business Class Workspace but have been invited to more than one Workspace board.
Like Workspace members, multi-board guests can be added to unlimited Workspace boards. Also like Workspace members, if a user ceases to be a multi-board guest during a billing term, then the seat will become available for a new billable user (either Workspace member or multi-board guest) for the rest of the billing term.
For example, if a Workspace is on a monthly subscription, and a multi-board guest is removed mid-month, a new Workspace member or multi-board guest can be added without the account being charged for a new billable user during the month.
Multi-board guests are billed at the same rate as a normal Workspace member.
Converting multi-board guests into Workspace members
If you're a Workspace admin and want to change a multi-board guest into a Workspace member, visit your Workspace dashboard and select the “members” tab. From there, choose the “Add to Workspace” button next to the member’s avatar and name.
Multi-board guests are already a billed user and converting a multi-board guest to a normal Workspace member does not cost an additional charge.
Converting multi-board guests to single-board guests
If you would like to change a multi-board guest to a single-board guest, you can remove the user from all but one board on the Workspace. For Business Class Workspaces, changing multi-board guests to single-board guests will stop the account from being billed for that seat on future renewals.
You can change a multi-board guest to a single-board guest by visiting the “members” tab under the Workspace settings and selecting the boards link next to the “Add to Workspace” button for that user. That link will show a menu with links to each board the member is collaborating on. From there, you can either select the board you’d like to remove them from, or you can remove them directly from the board if you already have it opened.
If a member is on a Workspace board that is moved out of the Workspace or closed, that board doesn't count towards being a multi-board guest.
Who can add multi-board guests to Workspace Boards
As with adding traditional Workspace members, only Workspace admins can add multi-board guests to a Business Class Workspace.
Inviting to boards
Anyone can add a guest to that guest’s first board on a Workspace. However, due to the billable nature, only Workspace admins can add a guest to a second Business Class Workspace board. Any user other than a Workspace admin who attempts to add a guest to a second Workspace board will be told that they need to contact the Workspace admin to add the multi-board guest.
Once a board member becomes a multi-board guest on a Business Class Workspace, anyone can add the multi-board guest to subsequent boards on the Workspace.
Only Workspace admins can make a single-board guest a billable multi-board guest by moving a board they are on into a Business Class Workspace.
- If a Workspace admin moves a board with one or more single-board guests on it into a Workspace, the admin will be alerted that the single-board guests will become multi-board guests.
- If any user other than a Workspace admin moves a board with one or more single-board guests on it into a Business Class Workspace, the non-Workspace admin will be alerted that any single-board guest will be removed from the board that is being moved into the Workspace. This is to prevent them from becoming billable multi-board guests.
Reopening closed boards
Like moving boards, only Workspace admins can make a single-board guest a billable multi-board guest by reopening a Business Class Workspace board that a single-board guest is on.
- If a Workspace admin reopens a Workspace board with one or more single-board guests on it, the admin will be alerted that the single-board guests will become billable multi-board guests.
- If any user other than a Workspace admin reopens a Workspace board with one or more single-board guests on it, the non-Workspace admin will be alerted that any single-board guest will be removed from the board to prevent them from becoming billable multi-board guests.
On mobile devices, no one is allowed to take action that would make someone switch from being a single-board guest to a multi-board guest. These actions could include inviting a user to a board, moving a board, or reopening a board.
- If a mobile user tries to invite a single-board guest to a second board, then the action will be blocked.
- If a mobile user tries to move a board, and that board move would result in users becoming multi-board guests, then the mobile user moving the board will be given the choice to either not complete the board move or to complete the board move and remove the users who would become multi-board guests from the board moved.
- If a mobile user tries to reopen a closed board, and reopening that board would result in users becoming multi-board guests, then the mobile user reopening the board will be given the choice to either not complete the action or to complete the action and remove the users who would become multi-board guests based on the board reopen.
Actions that don’t result in a user switching from being a single-board guest to a multi-board guest are allowed. These allowable actions include:
- Any action that would make someone a single-board guest on a Workspace
- Any action to add someone to additional Workspace boards if they are already a multi-board guest on that Workspace
Please note: On older mobile clients, if a user reopens a closed board or moves a board into a Workspace, and completing that action would result in any single-board guests becoming multi-board guests, then the action will be completed and the users who would become multi-board guests will be removed.
What if I still have questions?
We’re happy to help! Reach out to us on our contact page and we can explain any questions or concerns that you might have about multi-board guests.