Trello: Free vs. Business Class vs. Enterprise
For a chart comparing Business Class and Enterprise with free Trello, see our pricing page.
Trello offers two paid options geared towards collaboration: Trello Business Class and Trello Enterprise. They’re ways to build on to the free Trello experience—Trello Business Class is intended for multi-user teams to have more fine-grained control over who can access their boards, and Trello Enterprise allows for concierge support as well as additional security features important for large-scale enterprise teams.
Most of what makes Trello great is available for free. You can create teams, boards, and invite your friends and family to collaborate with you on them. There are some limitations on the free plan:
- One Power-Up (what is a Power-Up?) enabled per board at a time.
- No custom images on the background of a board.
- 50 command runs per month on Butler Automation (what is Butler?).
- JSON Board exports only.
- Free Teams are limited to 10 open boards at any time.
You can also earn up to 12 free months of Trello Gold by recommending Trello to your friends!
Trello Business Class
Trello Business Class includes privacy controls and other administrative tools that are helpful to businesses that want to take greater control of their boards and data. It also includes Trello Gold for all the users within the team. Rather than upgrading one user at a time, you’ll upgrade an entire team to Business Class. The upgrade gives you:
Unlimited Team Boards — Open as many team boards as your team likes, there are no limits.
Unlimited Power-Ups — Integrate applications and features you use on a daily basis right into your Trello boards, as many as you want
Advanced Checklists — Assign members and due dates to individual checklist items, or to entire cards
Views — Take advantage of views to get a different perspective on your tasks. Use Timeline, Calendar, Dashboard, Maps or Table Views to get the best overview of what needs to be done.
Priority Support — Customers with Business Class get priority email support, meaning we’ll make sure your questions get answered within one business day, guaranteed.
- Admin controls — Team admins can see public and private boards in their team, and control who can create boards in the team.
- Collections — Board Collections give you the ability to create groups of boards for your team.
- Bulk-add members through Google Apps - Connect your business domain to Trello, and manage members all at once.
- Domain-restricted invites - Don’t want team members from outside of your company domain? You can restrict invites to only go to addresses at your domain.
- Deactivate members - Employees who leave the company can have their account deactivated in your team, without removing their work or history. Helpful when transitioning a new person into the role.
- Create outside observers - Business Class teams can have board observers, who can see board content, but not edit it.
- Bulk data export - Export your team's data all at once, in JSON or CSV. Helpful for easy backups.
- Trello Gold - Business Class gives your team members access to all of the Trello Gold features listed above, as well.
While Trello's core features are free, Trello Business Class adds features and value to your team, and costs $12.50 per team member or Multi-Board Guest per month when billed monthly, or $119.99 per team member or Multi-Board Guest per year when billed yearly. The entire team has to be upgraded—it’s not possible to have partial Business Class.
- Trello Enterprise includes all of our Business Class features.
- Trello Enterprise Admin Dashboard - Manage Enterprise members, teams and boards in a single place.
- Team Reports for Enterprise - See stats about boards, members, and labels within an Enterprise team.
- Per-user licensing - Pay per-user, no matter how many teams they're a member of.
- Pay via invoice - Rather than keeping a credit card on file, our sales team will work with you to construct an invoice structure that works for you.
Contact our Sales team to discuss if Trello Enterprise is right for you.
What if I still have questions?
We’re happy to help! Contact us at http://www.trello.com/contact with any questions or concerns that you might have about upgrading.