Creating cards by email
To get your email address for a board, log in to Trello in the browser and open the board you would like to create cards by email on. Open the Menu in the right sidebar and select "More," and then "Email-to-board Settings". From here, you can select where on the board the new card will be created. You can click on the current list name ('None' in the below example) to change that to a different list.
You can also have your email address for that board emailed to you. Please note that the email address is unique for each board and board member. Also, comments must be enabled for the board in order to generate the email-to-board address.
The card will show up in the next few minutes after the email is sent.
When you email a card to Trello, you can immediately add attachments, labels, and members to the card, in addition to setting the title and description.
- The Subject of the email becomes the card's title.
- The Body of the email becomes the card's description.
- Attachments in the email will be added to the card.
- Labels: In the subject, add #labelname, #labelcolor, or #labelnumber
- If your label consists of two or more words, in the subject line either join the words or use underscores between the words. For example, if your label is named "To Do" in the subject line of your email either enter #ToDo or #To_Do for the label to render properly on your card.
- If you have multiple labels in a board with the same color or the same name, emailing a board with #color or #name will only add the first label with that color or name to the card.
- Members: In the subject, add @username. Members can also be added by putting @username in the body of the email on its own line. If you send an email to Trello and include other Trello users' email addresses as "to" or "CC" addresses, Trello will add them as members of the card as well.
Most emails with attachments will make it into Trello just fine. However, there is an overall email size limit (above 10MB) that will prevent cards from being created via email. If this happens, your mail server may send you a message that it was unable to send the email.
Email Comments to Card
Each card also has its own email– sending a note to this address will make your email show up as a comment. You can find a card's email under "Share and more..." on the card back, in the bottom right corner.