Troubleshooting browser issues with Trello
The browser is what you use to access Trello on your Mac or PC (and maybe your phone). This includes Edge, Chrome, Firefox, and Safari. Because all browsers are different, sometimes you might experience quirks in Trello because of the browser you are using. This article will help you troubleshoot those quirks.
First, make sure you are using one of our supported browsers. We can't support every version of every browser, so it helps to make sure you're using one that's supported and tested by us.
Next, try logging into Trello in the following ways to see if you can reproduce the issue you are having:
- Disable all extensions and customizations in your current browser
- Use a private/incognito browsing tab
- Try using a different browser on the same computer
- Try using a different computer
- Allow cookies from third party sites in case you're running into any issues with linking to GoogleDrive or Dropbox
Clearing your web browser's cache
If you can't get another browser to try, we'll need you to clear your cache and check for errors. Here are simple instructions on how to do that:
- Instructions for Firefox
- Instructions for Chrome (We only need you to check "Empty the cache" and "Clear data from hosted apps".)
Console Log Errors
In Edge, Firefox, or Chrome, you can check for errors with the Error Console. You can copy any errors you see there, or take a screenshot and send it to us.
Open the board in question and:
In Edge, hit F12 and go to the 'console' tab.
On Firefox or Chrome for Windows, bring it up with Ctrl+Shift+J.
On macOS, use Command - Option - J for Chrome or Command - Shift - J for Firefox.
This may seem like a lot to go through, but it will help us address your issue faster!