Which Trello plan is best for me?
Trello is a simple, yet powerful tool. It is made to be easy to use and flexible, so you can create anything you want. Most of that power is free and available to absolutely everybody, and you can be a pro with the free version of Trello.
With that said, we do offer some neat upgrades for those who want to bring workspace collaboration to a whole new level.
It is worth mentioning that the paid plans we offer are applied to existing Trello Workspaces, so you can always start free and decide to upgrade later.
If you’re simply looking for pricing information or a comparison of features, that is available on our pricing page.
Most of what makes Trello great is available for free. You can create Workspaces, boards, and invite your friends and family to collaborate with you on them.
Here’s what you get on the free plan:
- Up to 10 open boards per free workspace
- Unlimited Power-Ups (What are Power-Ups?)
- 10MB limit for each attachment (there is no total limit for storage, just a per-file limit)
- 250 command runs per month in Butler (Butler overview)
- Custom backgrounds
- Card stickers and custom emojis
- JSON exports
Additionally, with Trello Free, all Workspace members are equal, which means that everybody can invite other members to join the Workspace, edit the Workspace profile and change some settings of this collaboration space you all share.
If you feel like you could use more control of your Workspace, that’s a sign that a Trello Premium could be a good upgrade for you! It’s a great option geared heavily towards team collaboration and provides the Workspace admin greater control over the settings and boards within the Workspace.
Trello offers three paid plans: Trello Standard, Trello Premium, and Trello Enterprise. They’re ways to build on the free Trello experience.
Trello Standard adds features and value to your Workspace, like unlimited Workspace boards and a larger team Butler quota.
Trello Standard gives you:
- Unlimited boards
- Unlimited Power-Ups
- 250MB limit for each attachment (there is no total limit for storage, just a per-file limit)
- 1,000 command runs per month in Butler
- Custom Fields
- Advanced Checklists
Trello Standard is a great option for teams who need more features on their Trello boards, but don’t need any Workspace admin controls.
Trello Premium includes privacy controls and other administrative tools that are helpful to businesses that want to take greater control of their boards and data.
With Trello Premium, you’ll have access to:
- All of the features included in Trello Standard
- Unlimited command runs per month in Butler
- CSV exports
- Board views: Map view, Calendar view, Dashboard view, Timeline view, Workspace Table view
- Template boards
- Board observers (read-only access)
- Workspace admin capabilities
- Priority support (we’ll make sure your questions get answered within one business day, guaranteed.)
See the Premium User Guide to learn more about individual features of Trello Premium.
Trello Enterprise is heavily geared towards large organizations that need to manage multiple Workspaces in an easy and efficient way, so your work happens inside the Workspaces, not while managing them.
Since Trello Enterprises can hold multiple Workspaces, the billing is also simplified, and you are billed once per each user, no matter how many Workspaces those users are members of.
This also frees your Workspaces to adapt and create new Workspaces for side projects or temporary assignments. You are not restricted to the number of Workspaces you can have inside a Trello Enterprise.
Here’s what comes with Trello Enterprise:
- All of our Trello Premium features.
- Enterprise Admin Dashboard - Manage Enterprise members, Workspaces and boards in a single place.
- Workspace reports for Enterprise - See stats about boards, members, and labels within an Enterprise Workspace.
- Per-user licensing - Pay per-user, no matter how many Workspaces they're a member of.
- Pay via invoice - Rather than keeping a credit card on file, our sales team will work with you to construct an invoice structure that works for you.