Managed Atlassian Accounts For Trello
What does becoming a Managed Trello User mean for you?
Please be aware that once your Atlassian organization administrator manages your Trello account:
- they can delete or deactivate your Trello account
- you will be required to log in to Trello using Atlassian account. When you enter your email on the Trello login screen, a popup will tell you to log in with your Atlassian account. Click through to continue logging into Trello. If your team has enabled login via SSO, you will then be taken to your SSO provider.
- your name, avatar, and email address will come from your Atlassian account
How do I become Managed?
To prepare for your account to be managed, we’ve created an Atlassian account for you - if you don't have one already - with the profile from your Trello account.
Your admin will be able to make changes to your name, avatar, and email in your Atlassian account profile. You can view your Atlassian account profile at this link (you may need to reset your password if you've never logged into this Atlassian account before). If your Identity Provider (IdP) is set up to push this information to your profile, then you will not be able to change it. If your IdP is not configured to do this, however, you can edit all of the information at that link. This information is what other people in your company will be able to see if they try to search for you, even from other Atlassian products that you may not use.
You can finish upgrading to a managed Atlassian account at www.trello.com. When you log in to Trello, you will see a banner at the top of the screen (if you do not see it, please refresh your browser).
- Before you connect your account: Move any personal or other boards that should not be in this company’s work-related Trello account to a separate non-work Trello account that you can access in the event that your admin disables or deletes your account. Here’s an easy way:
- While logged into the account that’s becoming managed visit: https://trello.com/support/transfer-boards to transfer all of your boards to the account you want to keep. Make sure to use the correct username or email address here, as that user will be added as a member to the boards in question. (If you don’t already have a separate account for non-work things, you’ll need to create one.)
- Check Remove your account @X from boards after they've been transferred to @Y so that this work account is removed from the boards.
- Once you click on the Transfer Boards button, the new member will be added to the boards. (FYI, any cards you are assigned to (and some other things) won't be replaced by the new user when moving the board.)
- Your work Trello account should have only your work email address. Remove any other emails from this account (we’ll let you know in an email which email to keep). You will not be able to successfully onboard until this is done.
- Click on “Connect your Atlassian account”.
- You will be taken to the Atlassian login screen. Enter the email you use to log into Trello and hit “Continue”.
- If your team has enabled login via SSO, you will be taken to your SSO provider. Log in with your SSO credentials. If you are blocked by your SSO provider at this point, you may need to ask your admin to add you to your SSO provider so that you can finish logging in. If your team has not enabled login via SSO, log in with your email address and password.
- Success! The linking process is complete, and you will be sent back to Trello.
How do I log in after becoming a Managed user?
On trello.com/login enter your email address. Our system will recognize that your account is SSO-enforced. Click the "Login with Atlassian" link to login.