The Trello App for Microsoft Teams
Microsoft Teams comes with Microsoft Office 365. Read more on setting up Microsoft Teams to get started.
The Trello app for Microsoft Teams links your Trello Workspaces to those in Microsoft Teams. When you run Microsoft Teams, Trello is enabled by default and available to all your teams. If you find Trello is not available per the instructions below, contact your IT admin, as they may have turned off 3 rd party tabs. You must be a member of each board that you want to add to your Microsoft Teams app.
There are 2 ways you can add Trello to Teams:
- Trello Tab
- Trello Connector
Tabs provide a dedicated canvas to see a Trello board inside Microsoft Teams.
To add a Trello tab to a channel:
- Select the channel, then click on the “+” sign to the right of the existing tabs
- In the popup, select Trello from the list of apps, then click “Log in with Trello"
- In the next popup, enter your credentials and click “Accept”
- Select the Trello board you would like to link to
Trello will create a new tab named after the board and the tab will contain the lists and cards for that board. Inside the tab, you can now interact with the board in the same way you would, had you logged in directly to Trello.com.
Note: You must be a member of a board to add it to your Teams application. Workspace Visible boards will not show as an option until you join the board.
Connectors enable you to get notified in Teams of changes to Trello boards and cards automatically. To use the connector:
- Click on “…” next to the channel name and select “Connectors”
- In the popup below, select “Configure” next to the Trello app
- Sign in to your Trello account and confirm that you want to “Allow” Microsoft Connectors to use your account
- Select the notifications you want added and click “Save”
Now when changes occur to your boards, lists or cards, Trello will notify teammates via the channel discussion. You can re-configure these notifications later by going through the same steps above.
Need additional help?
Running into any trouble while using Trello in Microsoft Teams? Get in touch and we'll be glad to help: https://www.trello.com/contact