Trello Enterprise vs. Trello Business Class vs. Trello Gold
For a chart comparing Business Class and Enterprise with free Trello, see our pricing page.
Trello offers three paid options: Trello Gold, Trello Business Class, and Trello Enterprise. They’re ways to build on to the free Trello experience—Trello Gold offers a way for individual users to take their Trello use to the next level, Trello Business Class is intended for multi-user teams to have more fine-grained control over who can access their boards, and Trello Enterprise allows for concierge support as well as additional security features important for large-scale enterprise teams.
Trello Gold expands Trello’s core functions for individual users. Some of the additional features are intended to be fun add-ons, while others are productivity boosters. They include:
- Bigger file uploads - 250 MB max file size vs. 10 MB max on our free plan
- The ability to use three Power-Ups on any of your boards.
- Custom board backgrounds - Upload your own or pick from our nine premium predesigned backgrounds.
- Extra stickers - Add flair to your cards with extra sticker packs
- Custom emoji - Upload your own emoji for use in cards
Trello Gold costs $5 per month, or $45 per year. You can receive up to 12 months of Trello Gold free by referring friends.
Trello Business Class
Trello Business Class includes privacy controls and other administrative tools that are helpful to businesses that want to take greater control of their boards and data. It also includes Trello Gold for all the users within the team. Rather than upgrading one user at a time, you’ll upgrade an entire team to Business Class. The upgrade gives you:
Unlimited Power-Ups — Integrate applications and features you use on a daily basis right into your Trello boards, as many as you want
Collections — Board Collections give you the ability to create groups of boards for your team.
Priority Support — Customers with Business Class get priority email support, meaning we’ll make sure your questions get answered within one business day, guaranteed.
- Admin controls - Team admins can see public and private boards in their team, and control who can create boards in the team.
- Bulk-add members through Google Apps - Connect your business domain to Trello, and manage members all at once.
- Domain-restricted invites - Don’t want team members from outside of your company domain? You can restrict invites to only go to addresses at your domain.
- Deactivate members - Employees who leave the company can have their account deactivated in your team, without removing their work or history. Helpful when transitioning a new person into the role.
- Create outside observers - Business Class teams can have board observers, who can see board content, but not edit it.
- Bulk data export - Export your team's data all at once, in JSON or CSV. Helpful for easy backups.
- Trello Gold - Business Class gives your team members access to all of the Trello Gold features listed above, as well.
See the Business Class User Guide to learn more about individual features of Trello Business Class.
Trello Business Class costs $12.50 per team member per month, or $119.99 per team member per year. The entire team has to be upgraded—it’s not possible to have partial Business Class.
- Trello Enterprise includes all of our Business Class features.
- Per-user licensing - Pay per-user, no matter how many teams they're a member of.
- Pay via invoice - Rather than keeping a credit card on file, our sales team will work with you to construct an invoice structure that works for you.
- Dedicated account managers - Your account will be assigned a dedicated account manager to help answer your questions and onboard you to Trello.
- Single Sign On (SSO) - Trello Enterprise supports SAML 2.0 SSO for an additional layer of security.
Contact our Sales team to discuss if Trello Enterprise is right for you.
What if I still have questions?
We’re happy to help! Email us at email@example.com with any questions or concerns that you might have about upgrading.